Thursday, September 14, 2006

Norwegian Apple Cake

Today I had to go to the doctor's and getting my first physical in years. I had to get a bunch of blood drawn and other unpleasant things, so I decided to reward myself with a cake. The cake I ended up making, however, is not so bad for you. It is amazingly delicious. I got the recipe from Bunny Pie. At the suggestion of everybodylikessandwiches.blogspot.com, where the recipe was also posted, I added cinnamon and vanilla. It was very simple to make and Audrey and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely make this again.
A warning: Before adding the apple, the cake seems very very dry. After adding the apple, you might think, like I did, that there is not enough batter for the amount of apples. However, don't distress--it all works out in the baking process.

Norwegian Apple Cake
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 rounded cup diced apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degress
2) Mix together the sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
3) Break an egg into the center of the mixture and stir together to mix well.
4) Mix in the apples and nuts and pour into a greased 8" pie pan or 8X8 cake pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cake makes everything better!

harvey morrison