Tuesday, August 15, 2006

NoHo Star

Today, Esther and Cathy, my bosses at MSPP, took me and the other interns out for lunch at NoHo Star. It was acutally kind of funny because I had just watched Rachael Ray eat there on $40 A Day. I had the Mexican Vegetarian Salad with a Grilled Cheddar Stuffed Poblano Pepper. It was ok, but nothing super special. I really liked the pepper but I was not a big fan of the dressing on the salad and thought it should have been spicier. I had Indian Pudding for dessert, which was spectacular. I had never had Indian Pudding before and it was a dessert right up my alley--not too sweet, very warm and gooey, reminiscent of pumpkin pie and gingerbread. It just had this whole yummy New-England-y flavor. I will definitely eat Indian Pudding again and will probably try to make it myself. Maybe this Cooking Light recipe or this Epicurious one.
On Sunday I made Portobello Mushroom Philly Cheesesteaks again, at Mike's request. Landau was around for dinner too. We were all big fans. I made Mike an omelette with the leftovers in it for breakfast on Monday and he was very happy. Tomorrow Cathy and I are going to eat at Harry's Burritos to celebrate my last week in New York and my birthday (yay for a week of celebration). I wonder how it will stand up to El Pelon, because in my opinion, thusfar, nothing can.

No comments: